Project kinderen met een verstandelijke beperking in Ghana 2107
Peanut butter soup, with rice balls.
Een echt Ghanees recept.
Het Engelse recept is als volgt:
Preparation time: 20–25 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Serves: 4–6 persons
Ingredients for the soup 1.4 kg chicken, cleaned and cut into 16 portions; small onions, peeled and chopped; 1 table spoon ginger paste; 1 heaped table spoon garlic paste;
600ml chicken stock; 455gr smooth peanut butter; 400gr tin plum tomatoes; 1 red pepper, de-seeded and roughly chopped; Salt, to taste. For the rice balls 70 g basmati rice, per person.
1. Place a large saucepan/casserole pot over a medium heat. Fry the chicken pieces, skin side down, for 10 minutes or until browned. Using tongs, turn the pieces of chicken over to seal the underside.
2. Stir in two of the onions, ginger and garlic for five minutes or until translucent and softened.
3. Pour in the chicken stock and season with salt. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. In a small saucepan, mix together the peanut butter with 500ml/18fl oz water. Gently bring the mixture to the boil, stirring occasionally to prevent burning and a lumpy mixture. Gently simmer for 5–10 minutes or until the oil from the peanut butter settles on the surface.
5. In a food processor, blend together the remaining two onions with the tinned tomatoes and red pepper. Add this mixture to the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Finally, add the peanut butter mixture to the chicken pan and simmer for a further 30 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, in a medium-sized saucepan, bring the rice to the boil in double its volume of water. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the rice is really soft and has absorbed all the water.
8. With a wooden spoon or hand blender, mash the rice until it sticks together. Divide the rice into four equal portions then, using a clean cloth to protect your hands, or two large serving spoons, mould each portion into a ball. 9. Serve the peanut butter soup with the rice balls.